Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Hydrogen: Not Just For Exploding Zeppelins Anymore


I have been saying it for years. Out of all the new fuel alternatives popping up Hydrogen is the best choice. Why do you say, because Hydrogen can be produce from water the one substance on this planet of which we have an abundance. Also because we’re not in any fear of running out of water on this planet within next few million years. Oh yeah and did I mention the fact that Hydrogen powered vehicles create zero emissions.

I have been telling my wife for the last few years that I thought one of the biggest pushes in automobile technology in the next 10 years would come from the Hydrogen powered car. Well according to this article and this one an Israeli company called Engineuity has made my dream a reality with a car that can produce its own Hydrogen internally using coils of Magnesium and Aluminum. So now the biggest technical hurdle for adopting Hydrogen as an automobile fuel source has just been overcome. For those of you wondering the biggest strike against Hydrogen to date has been its public appearance as a highly volatile substance so there have been concerns with regards to transporting and storing this potential fuel source. Now this is not a problem considering the car uses water accompanied by Magnesium and Aluminum coils which create the required Hydrogen internal to the vehicle. My guess is that the oil companies are going to be up in arms in a few years if this technology hits the U.S. in full commercial production.

God I love Science! Thank you Mr. T-Rex but I think we have exploited your liquefied remains quite long enough. Woohoo we may even put a few oil executives out of business while simultaneously getting to retain our remaining ozone layer. Now that’s what I call killing two dinosaurs with one Hydrogen powered car!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home