Friday, December 09, 2005

Hook'n a Trojan and Spit in his Heisman Stealing Eye

So I am loving the idea of the USC vs. UT matchup in the Rose Bowl this year. Loving it, loving it, loving it!!! I really want the Longhorns to win this one and even more so after the disappointment of the Heisman Trophy. I am not going to candy coat it here, Vince Young got seriously screwed in my opinion.

Yeah So I am a little agitated and still not seeing the whole Reggie Bush win of the Heisman Trophy over Vince Young as legitimate. If you look at the stats vs. total amount of time played I think Vince excels far beyond Reggie Bush. The Longhorns have dominated in a lot of blow out games this year which has resulted in Vince Young not playing full four quarters. If you doubt the numbers though bounce over to ESPN.com and check on the stats for each player. Now I am not saying that Reggie Bush is not a great running back because he is. Anyone who racks up 1700+yds in a single season with an added 300+yds of receptions is definitely great. But lets look at Vince young with granted only 800+yds rushing but coupled with 2400+yds in passing. I mean we are talking one person (Reggie Bush) that has resulted in just over total 2000+yds for his team this season as opposed to another (Vince Young) who has earned over 3200+yds for his team. I mean look at the numbers. Granted that Bush has put on several Saturdays worth of four quarter rushing clinics this season that people will look on in amazement for a while. But if you look at the stats I think it shows Vince to be the better player especialy considering he almost never got to play 4 full quarters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home